METAIRIE, La. (WGNO) — Louisiana gubernatorial candidate Jeff Landry was endorsed by a local celebrity while making a campaign stop in Metairie on Thursday, Oct. 12.
Landry is the current front runner ahead of the Saturday, Oct. 14 Louisiana Primary Election.
He’s been making his final rounds on his campaign trail. On Thursday, he stopped at Drago’s Seafood Restaurant in Metairie.
While in town, he was endorsed by local celebrity, Neuty the Nutria. Locals may remember when Neuty made headlines earlier this year after state officials allowed Neuty’s owners to keep the nutria rat as their pet.
At Drago’s, the 22-pound rodent voiced its support for the current attorney general to take Louisiana’s top political seat.
- Do teachers outed for moonlighting in adult content have legal recourse?
- Trump’s power in Washington grows as allies pressure colleagues to admit the primary over
- Fallout rises from McCarthy handshake deal with White House
- Trump doubles down on ‘dictator’ remarks at New York Republican gala
- Mariah Carey’s 1994 hit still dominates the holiday charts