ST. BERNARD PARISH – Residents in Louisiana’s low lying parishes, like Plaquemines and St. Bernard, are especially worried about the approaching weather systems.
Tropical Storms Marco and Laura are both on track to impact Southern Louisiana, beginning in just a few hours.
WGNO Reporter Jacob Bradford spent Sunday in St. Bernard Parish, near the Delacroix flood gate. Highway 46 is currently lined with boats, trailers, and RV’s, as residents move their most precious belongings in the flood protection zone, in hopes of avoiding flood waters from the incoming storms.
- Traveling nurse gets shocking diagnosis while helping with coronavirus efforts in North Dakota
- VIDEO FORECAST — Stormy weather pattern on the way before much COLDER weather heads our way next week.
- Flash flooding catches drivers off guard
- Group to document alleged abuse of migrants by law enforcement
- Women detained for speaking Spanish in Montana store settle lawsuit with U.S. border agency