Hurricane Zeta made landfall in Lafourche Parish as a Category 2 storm, on Wednesday afternoon. Because of power outages and storm related damage, the following schools remain closed:
- Jefferson Parish Schools and administration buildings will be closed on Monday, November 2. Tuesday, November 3 is Election Day and a school holiday. If conditions allow, schools will reopen on Wednesday, November 4.
- NOLA Public Schools (NOLA-PS) announced the cancellation of all distance learning and in-person classes for Monday, November 2, due to ongoing power outages across New Orleans, loss of food due to lack of refrigeration, as well as unstable internet and phone service. This decision includes the cancellation of food services for families on Monday as well.
- Delgado Community College locations will remain closed on Monday, November 2.
- Belle Chasse Academy will remain closed Monday and Tuesday (Nov. 2 & 3)
- Plaquemines Parish School Board teachers and students will not have school on Monday, November 2. All Central Office personnel and school support staffs must report to work on Monday, November 2.
- Nunez Community College will remain closed on Monday, Nov. 2, with plans to return to normal operations on Tuesday, Nov. 3.
- St. Katharine Drexel Preparatory School will reopen on Monday, November 2, 2020 for its regular hybrid schedule. SKDP will be CLOSED on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, because SKDP is a major precinct for the presidential election. On Wednesday, November 4, 2020, all classes will be virtual, off-campus as the building will be sanitized due to the building being used as a precinct.
- St. Bernard Parish Public School System’s buildings will remain closed Monday, November 2 because we do not yet have power at all of our schools. Due to the election, the student holiday will still be observed on November 3, but teachers should be prepared to report to their school sites for professional development. Schools will reopen on Wednesday, November 4.