BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – Thursday, September 24 marks four weeks since Hurricane Laura made landfall in southwest Louisiana.
The category four storm was the strongest storm to hit Louisiana in more than 100 years.
26 people were killed and four weeks later, thousands remain without a home.
Lake Charles Mayor Nic Hunter joined Fox44’s Gerron Jordan, to talk about the ongoing recovery efforts in southwest Louisiana and the greatest needs in the community.
- 10:30PM Weather: Dense Fog Alert! Advisory in effect until 6AM!
- Growing number of GOP senators oppose impeachment trial
- UPDATE: 4 juveniles arrested after 15-year-old girl dies after fight inside Lake Charles store
- Reigning champion Chiefs defeat Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- How Super Bowl squares work