NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — A tornado watch has been issued for the northern parts of the area until 11PM. This is mainly for the potential of isolated cells out ahead of the main line of storms later tonight. Right now the timing of that looks to be midnight to 4AM, so have a way to get woken up if a warning is issued for your area. Be ready to get to a safe place.
Right now all of our area is under a level 2 threat for severe weather. Damaging wind gusts, hail, and isolated tornadoes will all be possible. The high threat for severe weather is just over the border to the north and along the I-20 corridor.
After that we will see much cooler weather the rest of the week behind the front. Look for breezy conditions Tuesday with mid to upper 60s and only around 60 for the high on Wednesday.
- Home explodes in Virginia after suspect fires flare gun, police say
- Tulane University seeking parents, babies for infant development study in New Orleans
- George Santos movie in the works at HBO
- Poll: Trump leads Republican field, DeSantis the second choice
- Metairie travel agent gives tips for traveling to college football bowl games