BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — Pumping is continuing in Ascension Parish to alleviate flooding in the Spanish Lake and Bluff Swamp basin.
The parish is operating three pumps, each of which has a discharge capacity 20,000 gallons per minute, according to a press release from the parish.
The parish is also working to fabricate three additional pumps, each with the same discharge capacity as the existing pumps. The new pumps will be used as needed to bring relief to the pumping site.
Parish officials are constantly monitoring Bayou Manchac’s river gauges, according to the release.
- Triple-homicide suspect forced woman to drive him from Oregon to Wisconsin, police say
- Doctors concerned of dangerous COVID-19 Delta variant which is more infectious and in Louisiana
- City councilmember suggests arresting people who give money or food to the homeless
- Hot, humid, and wet. More rain on the way.
- Woman hit by 3 vehicles, killed while crossing road