NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Look for some showers through the evening on Friday, mainly south of I-10. Overall weekend rain chances will be hit or miss with low amounts across the area. It will be gloomy though with mostly cloudy conditions and highs around 70 both days.
A low in the Gulf early next week looks like it could give us better rain chances by Monday through Wednesday. We will have to watch the development of this system for the potential of severe storms. Right now that activity looks to stay offshore. We could also see some strong onshore winds for a time that would lead to minor coastal flooding.
It will be cooler by Monday with temperatures only in the mid to upper 60s for highs.
- Hunter Biden indicted on tax charges
- Michelle Obama, Jon Batiste in New Orleans for ‘American Symphony’ screening
- Two-thirds of Americans think they’ll be better off financially in 2024: survey
- Tulane University under discrimination investigation following pro-Palestine protest
- Reigning Masters champion Jon Rahm joins LIV Golf tour