NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Temperatures will continue on the hot side through midday Tuesday before a front moves in and brings some relief.
When you factor in the humidity, it will feel much hotter than the actual air temperature. Heat index values or “feels like temperatures” will likely reach as high as 113° to 118° tomorrow.
On Tuesday rain chances will come back as a front moves in. Right now the rain coverage is looking spotty with the best chance south of I-10. Locally heavy downpours and gusty winds will be possible.
At this point it looks like the front will clear the area on Tuesday night bringing with it lower humidity. We will still see low to mid 90s but heat index values will not be much higher. That will also mean a cooler start to the morning on Wednesday and Thursday, especially for northern areas.
Look for temperatures to start to climb again by the end of the week.
- House GOP agriculture spending bill on thin ice
- Atlantic remains active as NHC expects new tropical storm to form this week
- FUELED Wellness + Nutrition | Olive Oil Taste Test, Revealed
- Two charged with murder after missing Thibodaux man found dead
- Menendez to address Senate Democrats about criminal charges