NEW ORLEANS — Severe storms pounded southern Louisiana overnight, and are expected to continue throughout Wednesday.
A flash flood emergency continues for areas just southeast of Baton Rouge, from Gonzales to Donaldsonville. Nearly 14″ of rain has fallen so far, leading to impassable roadways.
High water rescues are ongoing. Call 911 if you or someone you know needs to be rescued from floodwaters.
Entergy is also reporting 23,000 customers in the dark as a result of the severe weather.
12:00 p.m. – The parishes with at least 100 outages are listed below, according to Entergy Louisiana.
|Parish Name||Customers Affected|
|E. BATON ROUGE (L)||5,492|
|ST. HELENA (L)||1,012|
- Southland Announces Brackets, Ticket Information for Basketball Tip-Off Event
- Oct. 25 COVID-19 Update: Louisiana reports nearly 900 new cases over the weekend
- Cooler tonight but real fall comes late week
- SLU’s Kelley, NICH’s Scott, MCN’s Chambers, HBU’s Thompson pick up Southland Football Weekly Honors
- LSU’s Damone Clark leads nation in tackles