Temperatures have rebounded after a few days of cooler weather. Most of the area is in the mid 70s Thursday evening with dewpoints around 60.
The warming trend continues into the weekend with highs in the mid 80s both Friday and Saturday, before dropping back into the low 80s for the first half of next week.
Daily rain chances are close to zero Friday through Wednesday with high pressure building into the region. This next stretch of rain-free weather may lead to worsening drought conditions across the Gulf Coast and Southeast U.S. A statewide burn ban is in effect for Louisiana until further notice.
- Schumer: Too many Americans are ‘leaping toward a virulent antisemitism’
- Percent of college students witnessing antisemitism spikes since start of academic year: poll
- A mom chose an off-the-grid school for safety from COVID. No one protected her kid from the teacher
- 10 Senate Democrats voice alarm over border security talks
- Students for Trump founder arrested, accused of assaulting girlfriend