NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Good Morning, New Orleans, and Happy Tuesday! Cooler and drier air have settled in for the morning in the wake of a cold front. We are waking up in the 50s and 60s with a significant jump to 80s by this afternoon on both sides of the lake.
Expect dry conditions for the next 24 hours, leading to dangerous fire weather conditions. A statewide burn ban is in effect until further notice.
Rain chances look to increase to 70+ percent tomorrow with 1 to 2 inches of rainfall expected. Chances linger into Thursday, as well, so we should have an improved Drought Index update at that point. Another round of cooler temperatures and low humidity are likely next Saturday and Sunday with another front moving through the area.
- Missouri woman survives freak accident after hay bale pinned her
- Storms overnight ahead of cold front, low-end severe risk
- Life after prison simulation helps community, lawmakers understand re-entry hurdles
- 5 takeaways from the latest indictment of Hunter Biden
- UPenn president Magill resigns in wake of antisemitism controversy