NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Winds are out of the east Friday afternoon bringing some of that smoke along the I-10 corridor. As humidity increases tonight we will see less wind than the past few nights. That means we have the potential for areas of super fog like we saw earlier this week.
This will likely not be as widespread as conditions Monday morning. However a dense fog advisory is in effect tonight which means low visibility could be an issue. The best chances will be along I-10 and I-12, parts of I-55, and over the Causeway.
Please remember to slow down and use low beam headlights if you encounter fog. Chances will continue for Sunday morning as well.
- Man arrested after protesters try to confront Transportation Secretary Buttigieg at Michigan event
- $9M roadwork project completed in Bayou St. John, Fairgrounds, Seventh Ward areas
- National Weather Service meteorologist recaps 2023 hurricane season
- Parc Fontaine Apartments in Algiers possibly face demolition due to blight violations, fines
- Family fighting over inheritance from sale of T. rex remains