NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Good Morning and a Happy Monday! After spending several days with temperatures above normal, some big changes to the weather pattern are on the way.
A Dense Fog Advisory is issued this morning with low visibilites until 9AM in some locations. Please maintain caution on the roads.
A strong cold front is forecast to move through the region Monday into Tuesday. This front will likely bring some of the coldest air of the season thus far, leading to a chilly Halloween.
Highs on Tuesday will only reach the low to mid 60s with overnight lows in the 30s north and 40s south. Windy conditions may make it feel even colder with gusts up to 30 miles per hour.
The coldest temperatures from this front will be felt Wednesday night into early Thursday morning. Some locations on the Northshore may could see lows drop into the low and mid 30s while locations south stay slightly warmer in the upper 30s to low 40s.
- Covington father, son charged in Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol breach
- Saints injury report: Cam Jordan, Pete Werner, and Marcus Maye did not practice for the second day in a row
- Linda Frickey’s widower suing parents of convicted teens following gruesome death in New Orleans
- Young kitten with severely deformed hind legs finds forever home
- Greene yanks second vote on Mayorkas impeachment resolution