NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Good Morning and a Happy Halloween! Big changes are underway across the area and we will see an early taste of winter over the next couple of days. A cold front is finally here bringing an end to the above normal temperatures.
Much colder and windy weather will move in for the middle of the week. Today, expect temperatures only in the upper 50s to low 60s through the afternoon with windy conditions. Gusts will top out in the mid 30s so prepare for a cold Halloween while trick or treating!
By tomorrow morning we will see lows down into the mid 30s across the northern half of the area. Thursday looks to be the coldest morning. Depending on winds we could see some areas approach freezing north of I-12.
A few showers will be possible Tuesday morning but in general dry conditions will continue so please be aware of the high fire danger across the area. A Red Flag Warning is in effect Tuesday from 10AM to 7PM. Please avoid outdoor burning over the next few days.
- Faculty of ‘F’ graded New Orleans school says students thrive
- Fentanyl, AK pistol among items seized in Covington drug bust
- McCormick responds to reports of spat with Greene
- Coast Guard finds new oil sheen in Gulf of Mexico near Plaquemines Parish, site of November’s spill
- Parents of young Chiefs fan wearing headdress threaten to sue Deadspin