NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Winds are breezy across the area Thursday afternoon and will stay in the teens through the evening. These are out of the southeast which means some of the area will experience the smoke coming from New Orleans East and moving northwest. Also a few showers will be possible through sunset but these will move very quickly and not produce much.
We will continue to see above average temperatures through the upcoming weekend with afternoon winds around 15.
No real changes through the week in the forecast. Expect warm conditions through Sunday with highs in the mid 80s and lows in the 60s. We should see partly cloudy skies the next few days with just a small chance of a spotty shower. It does look like a front moves through in time for Halloween so expect windy and cooler weather for the trick or treating.
It looks like we could see the northern areas get into the 30s Thursday morning so get the furnaces tuned up in the house.
- Remembering the attack on Pearl Harbor, 82 years later
- House Education chair announces probe into Harvard, MIT, UPenn over ‘rampant antisemitism’
- ‘Life Goes On’ actress Andrea Fay Friedman dies at 53
- Watch: Regis Prograis previews WBC Super Lightweight title defense against Devin Haney
- Senate clears initial hurdle to passing Defense policy bill around Hawley objection