NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Traffic is flowing again on the Causeway Bridge after an hour-long shutdown on Tuesday, Nov. 14.
Officers with the Causeway Police Department posted to X (Twitter) at 11:20 a.m. that there was a serious incident in the southbound direction of the bridge.
The closure was estimated to last an hour.
Around 12:15 p.m., police provided a second update stating the incident had been cleared.
It is unknown what caused the shutdown.
WGNO will provide an update as more information becomes available.
- Jewish groups sue University of California over ‘unchecked’ antisemitism
- Tracking the Tropics: Looking back at the 2023 Atlantic hurricane season
- Electricity bill scam reported in Tangipahoa Parish
- Speaker Johnson tells Republicans to ‘vote their conscience’ on Santos expulsion
- Tribute service held to honor Rosalynn Carter