PONCHATOULA, La. (WGNO) — Families in Ponchatoula kicked off Spring with warm weather and the sweetness of strawberries the with annual Strawberry day in the park.
On Saturday (April 1st), family, friends, and residents gathered at the Ponchatoula Memorial Park for a day of fun.
The festival featured a bake-off, wing cook-off, car show, and even a strawberry auction.
Named in honor of the late Julian Dufreche, 2004 King of the Strawberry Festival, the celebration continues his life of dedication and service to the parish and community.
Dufreche served as Ponchatoula City Councilman, Mayor of Ponchatoula, and Tangipahoa Parish Clerk of Court.
- Pop-up showers back in the forecast, but not many
- Victim’s condition unknown after early morning Tremé shooting
- Ramaswamy embraces ‘outsider’ label as he takes on Trump
- Reparations for climate change? Some think oil companies should pay
- Yes, you can suffer from seasonal affective disorder in the summer
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.