METAIRIE, La. (WGNO) — For the second day in a row, New Orleans Saints quarterback Derek Carr was spotted at practice but did not participate.
Head coach Dennis Allen said over conference call Wednesday that a decision on Derek Carr will be made in the days leading up to kickoff.
Carr suffered an AC joint sprain in his right shoulder in the third quarter of Sunday’s 18-17 loss to the Green Bay Packers. It was the first injury Carr has had to his throwing arm in his NFL career.
He has not been taking part in practice this week, but says he is taking mental reps.
Also not at practice again today was safety Jordan Howden (finger), guard Cesar Ruiz (concussion), and cornerback Paulson Adebo (hamstring).
Tight end Foster Moreau (ankle) was listed as a limited participant.
The Saints face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sunday at noon.
- UPenn president Magill resigns in wake of antisemitism controversy
- Florida school district adding 4-day weekends to combat chronic absences
- Toys for Tots in New Orleans requesting toy donations amid inflation, increased need
- Shohei Ohtani signing with Los Angeles Dodgers
- Holiday shopping survey reveals stressful trend among US consumers