This marks the first time the NFL has had to cancel an event on its calendar because of the pandemic.
The HOF game was scheduled to be played Canton, Ohio, on Aug. 6.
The annual HOF enshrinement ceremony has been postponed.
The HOF kicks off the NFL season as being the first preseason game of the year.
- Web Extra: How analytics reveals Daniel Cabrera’s potential in MLB
- Squirrel tests positive for bubonic plague in Colorado
- Watch: Cantrell, FEMA officials discuss hurricane prep
- Former Mythbusters’ host Grant Imahara, dies unexpectedly at 49
- White House turns on Fauci as Trump minimizes virus spike