NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) – The New Orleans Pelicans announced today that forward Trey Murphy III underwent a successful partial meniscectomy and received a biologic injection in his left knee this afternoon. The surgery was performed by Dr. David Altchek at the Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York. Murphy III is expected to make a full recovery and will return to basketball activities in approximately 10-12 weeks.
Murphy, in his second NBA season, averaged 14.5 points a game, and shot 40.6 percent from three point land.
- WATCH NOW: New Orleans leaders break ground on Mirabeau Water Garden
- Man accused of using stolen credit card at Hammond Home Depot
- Which apps do teens spend the most time using?
- ‘Mind blown’: Delta passengers shocked to learn about airline’s ‘secret’ trading cards
- Contracts awarded for two St. Charles Parish levee lift projects