NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Pelicans provided a medical update on veteran guard CJ McCollum Sunday, Nov. 5.
The team announced that McCollum “has been diagnosed with a small pneumothorax in his right lung after medical imaging was taken this morning.”
“Additional examination will be performed in the next 48 hours to determine the progress of healing. More information will be provided following examination.”
McCollum has been one of the Pelicans’ most reliable pieces in the first six games of the 2023-24 season, logging 33 minutes in Saturday night’s 123-105 loss to the Atlanta Hawks.
How much time McCollum could miss is unknown.
The Pelicans begin a three-game road trip Monday night in Denver.
- Vacherie man killed in St. James Parish crash
- Will holiday travel be chaotic again this year? What’s changed since 2022
- Clean-up begins after 6 killed, neighborhoods damaged in severe Tennessee storms
- Deadlines start soon to ship holiday packages via USPS, FedEx and UPS
- Grocery clerk dies after customer impales him with a golf club: Minneapolis police