NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — Warren Easton’s football game Thursday night in Baton Rouge against Madison Prep has been cancelled, multiple sources tell WGNO Sports.
Late Thursday afternoon, the Louisiana High School Athletic Asssociation listed the game as a forfeit.
Last week, Easton’s game against Douglass was halted in the second half because of a reported fight. Earlier this year, Easton was notified by the LHSAA that it was ineligible for the 2023 football playoffs because of alleged illegal recruiting.
Easton denied the allegations. The school’s appeal to the LHSAA’s Executive Committee was denied in the spring.
The state high school athletic association typically does not comment on any penalties levied against member schools.
- Mother of slain Huntington student shares how tragic loss empowers her to give more
- Holiday festivities kick off with Christmas Parade in West Monroe
- NFL chain crew member dislocates his knee during Lions-Saints game
- Low rain chances most of this week
- Felicity Huffman opens up about college admissions scandal