HOUSTON (AP) — Houston rookie C.J. Stroud threw his first interception Sunday against the New Orleans Saints after setting an NFL record for attempts without a pick to start a career.
Stroud entered the game having thrown 186 passes without an interception to pass Dallas quarterback Dak Prescott, who threw 176 passes before being intercepted.
Stroud, the second overall pick in this year’s draft, threw five passes Sunday to stretch the streak to 191 before a pass intended for Dalton Schultz was intercepted by Zack Baun with about six minutes left in the first quarter.
But receiver Nico Collins hit Baun after the interception and forced a fumble, which was recovered by Tytus Howard, to give the Texans the ball back.
- Vacherie man killed in St. James Parish crash
- Will holiday travel be chaotic again this year? What’s changed since 2022
- Clean-up begins after 6 killed, neighborhoods damaged in severe Tennessee storms
- Deadlines start soon to ship holiday packages via USPS, FedEx and UPS
- Grocery clerk dies after customer impales him with a golf club: Minneapolis police