NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Saints held a Zoom conference on Monday for media to chat with defensive back and special teams specialist J.T. Gray following his signing a three-year contract extension on Friday.
An undrafted free agent out of Mississippi State in 2018, Gray has made the most of his opportunity with the Saints, twice being named team captain and two-time Associated Press All-Pro. Gray was also voted to the Pro Bowl the past two seasons.
The announcement comes only one week after signing quarterback Derick Carr to the Saints. Tight end Juwan Johnson signed a two-year extension.
Meanwhile, Saints defensive tackles David Onyemata and Shy Tuttle have signed with the Falcons and Panthers respectively.
In light of the press conference being canceled, the Saints have decided to hold a Zoom meeting with local media to discuss the topic at-hand. It won’t be live-streamed, however, WGNO will continue to provide updates as they come.
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.
- Nearly half of parents with adult children still pay their bills
- Suspected Iranian drone kills US worker in Syria; US retaliates with air strikes
- Rain chances higher by the end of the weekend
- Teenager hospitalized after shooting in St. Bernard parish
- Video: Brother Martin remains perfect in Catholic League play with sweep of John Curtis