Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
KENNER, La. (WGNO) — New Orleans Saints wide receiver Chris Olave was arrested Monday, Oct. 23 for allegedly speeding through a Kenner neighborhood.
According to the Kenner Police Department, officers were in the 1700 block of Joe Yenni Boulevard running radar after residents had complained of speeding in the business/residential area.
Around 9:10 p.m., officers witnessed a Dodge Charger doing 70 mph in a 35 mph zone. Officers said there was only a two-block distance between where the car turned and where the speed was clocked at a high rate.
They add the vehicle was being driven recklessly, reportedly going between lanes and around other cars on the road.
Officers pulled the driver over, later identified as 23-year-old Christian Olave.
He was arrested and booked into the City of Kenner Jail on a charge of reckless operation of a vehicle.
He was later released at 11:30 p.m.
- Mother of slain Huntington student shares how tragic loss empowers her to give more
- Holiday festivities kick off with Christmas Parade in West Monroe
- NFL chain crew member dislocates his knee during Lions-Saints game
- Low rain chances most of this week
- Felicity Huffman opens up about college admissions scandal