SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP) — TJ Finley threw a pair of touchdown passes to Joey Hobert late in the game to rally Texas State to a 21-20 victory over Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday night.
Ja’Terious Evans picked off a Finley pass and returned the ball 28 yards into the end zone that stretched UL Monroe’s lead to 20-9 with 8:57 to play in the game.
Finley’s 11-yard touchdown pass to Hobert pulled Texas State to 20-15 with 41:16 left.
The duo connected again for a 22-yard touchdown that capped an 11-play, 76-yard drive with 41 seconds left.
Finley finished 24-of-46 passing for 222 yards and Hobert made 10 catches for 110.
Donerio Davenport added 94 yards rushing on 15 carries for Texas State (5-2, 2-1 Sun Belt Conference).
Mason Shipley made field goals from 29, 34 and 47 yards, each in the first half.
Jiya Wright threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Isaiah Woullard in the first quarter for UL Monroe (2-4, 0-3).
- Trump to retake stand in New York fraud trial
- Video: Wings clipped, Easton parents react to season halted
- FNF Archbishop Hannan Ball Hawk of the Week: St. Charles Catholic’s Brayden Bertucci
- FNF Southern Quality Ford Dealers Scholar-Athlete: John Curtis’s Bryce Godfrey
- How to keep your pet safe during the holidays