METAIRIE, La. (WGNO) — Happening Monday, Nov. 13, the Louisiana Army Corps of Engineers will be hosting a discussion on the saltwater wedge in the Mississippi River.
During the meeting, a spokesperson for USACE will discuss why the saltwater is a problem, how long it might stick around and whether it could be an issue again in the future.
USACE releases a weekly update on the timeline of the saltwater intrusion and the latest projections report the saltwater wedge is not expected to reach Belle Chasse or any areas further upriver.
The event will be held at the East Bank Regional Library on West Napoleon Avenue in Metairie at 7 p.m.
It is free and open to the public.
- Fear the Wave: Michael Arata talks NIL and facility upgrades in the WGNO Sportszone
- FNF Southern Quality Ford Dealers Scholar-Athlete: Destrehan’s Anthony Robinson
- Opelousas defeats Cecilia, 26-13, for first-ever football state championship
- Jayden Daniels honored as top QB in college football, Payton Wilson named best defender
- FNF Best Chevrolet Best Player of the Week: St. Charles Catholic’s Kyle Cannon