The Jimmy Buffett painting by Garland Robinette was sold by Heritage Auctions for $137,500.
The money raised will help with medical treatment expenses for 7-year-old Marguerite Chenier, who was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumor last year.
Marguerite’s grandparents bought the Jimmy Buffett painting ten years ago for $16,000.
Marguerite was diagnosed one year ago with diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma (DIPG), a highly aggressive brain tumor.
Marguerite’s family says research shows between 200 and 300 children are diagnosed with DIPG each year, and fewer than 10% survive for more than two years beyond diagnosis.
- DeSantis seeks to regain lost ground in high-stakes Alabama debate
- Trump defense points to bankers as proof business dealings had ‘no victim’
- New EPA methane emissions rule could save Louisiana taxpayers and the environment
- Dense Fog Advisory for New Orleans metro, South Mississippi
- White scores season-high 31 as Bulls beat Pelicans 124-118