NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is trying to identify and arrest a man who opened fire in Gentilly, damaging at least one home. The case is the latest one to roll on the Wheel of Justice.
According to police, the crime happened on Wednesday, Sept. 22, in the 2400 block of Dreux Avenue. Around 5 that morning, a red or burnt orange SUV arrived, and the driver out and opened fire.
Much of what happened was recorded on security camera footage that was released by the NOPD. In the video, the gunman is seen exiting the SUV, walking toward the home and firing perhaps six shots. Seconds later, he retreats to the curb, fires more shots, then gets in the car and leaves.
If you have information that could help police make an arrest in the case, call Crimestoppers at (504)-822-1111. You don’t have to reveal your name or testify in court, and you could be eligible to earn a cash reward.
So far, more than 460 people have been booked after their cases rolled on the Wheel of Justice.
- Julianna Margulies apologizes for claiming Black people were ‘brainwashed to hate Jews’
- Couples go viral with ‘wedding content creators’
- Did you know there’s only one ‘town’ in Pennsylvania?
- Violent crime is up … and also down, according to new federal data
- Study: High sugar levels could help pancreatic cancer treatments