Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Asylum-seekers urged to ‘stay in place’ pending new guidance from White House
- The secret message hidden on Jill Biden’s inauguration concert outfit
- WATCH: Bills fan finishes cancer treatment, celebrates Bills Mafia style
- ‘Blood sugar sisters’: Diabetic basketball players share special bond
- LSU falls to Kentucky, 82-69