All subjects are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
MARION, La. (KTVE/KARD) — On October 19, 2023, law enforcement agents conducted an undercover operation within Ouachita Parish, targeting those who desired to engage in sexual acts with minors. During the operation, Javonte Y. Jones allegedly made contact with an undercover agent on a social media platform.
According to court documents, Jones allegedly sent nude pictures of himself to someone he believed to be 15 years old. Agents confirmed that Jones allegedly sent pictures of his genitalia area and he asked the “minor” to send nude pictures to him. Authorities were advised that Jones was on probation for Indecent Behavior with a Juvenile.
Jones was arrested and charged with Unlawful Use or Access to Social Media, Computer-aided Solicitation of a Minor, and Indecent Behavior with Juveniles. He was booked in the Ouachita Correctional Center and his bond was set at $10,000.
- Saints injury report: Cam Jordan, Pete Werner, and Marcus Maye did not practice for the second day in a row
- Linda Frickey’s widower suing parents of convicted teens following gruesome death in New Orleans
- Young kitten with severely deformed hind legs finds forever home
- Greene yanks second vote on Mayorkas impeachment resolution
- McDonald’s is bringing back adult happy meals