BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) — The St. Martin Parish Sheriff’s Office has arrested two men accused of providing illegal drugs to a man that caused him to die of an overdose last year.
On June 19, 2020, sheriff’s deputies responded to a call about an unresponsive man in Arnaudville. That man, pronounced dead at the scene, died from an overdose of illegal drugs, according to the sheriff’s office.
The sheriff’s office arrested two men on Wednesday in connection to the overdose.
Those men are 29-year-old Chance Thibodeaux of Arnaudville and 30-year-old Tory Phillips of Lafayette.
They were booked into the St. Martin Parish Correctional Center on the following charges:
- Second-degree murder
- Criminal conspiracy to distribute Schedule I CDS — Heroin
- Criminal Conspiracy to distribute Schedule II CDS — Fentanyl
- Distribution of of Schedule I CDS — Heroin
- Distribution of Schedule II CDS — Fentanyl
- ‘Duck rescuers,’ are at it again in one part of Louisiana
- Coca-Cola to discontinue one of its beverages in North America
- Farmington UFO Armada: possibly the largest UFO event you’ve never heard about
- The Screen Scene: Wrath of Man
- High-tech wristband reminds employees to wash hands, tracks how well they do it