BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD) – The LSU women’s basketball team dominated the Michigan Wolverines during Sunday’s game, with a final score of 66-42. The win means LSU advances to its first Sweet Sixteen appearance in nine years.
The Tigers, led by second-year coach Kim Mulkey, have been back-to-back No. 3 seeds in the NCAA Tournament. This year is Mulkey’s 19th consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance as a head coach.
This game marked the last time this season the Tigers will play in the PMAC, according to LSU.
LSU’s next stop is South Carolina for the Sweet Sixteen.
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.
- Yes, you can suffer from seasonal affective disorder in the summer
- Biden calls for repeal of Uganda’s new anti-gay law, threatens sanctions
- Crime rate has dropped more than 50% in these Shreveport neighborhoods since 1997; here’s why
- A few showers this afternoon
- Evangeline Parish authorities searching for escaped inmate