LAFOURCHE PARISH, La. (BRPROUD) – A 17-year-old girl was killed and 5 people were ejected from a car after crashing into a truck in Cut Off on Friday, May 19.
According to the Louisiana State Police, troopers responded to a crash on Hwy. 3235 at West 54th Street. An investigation revealed Mary Borne, 37, was attempting to turn a 1999 Lincoln Navigator onto the street but failed to yield and collided with a 2011 Ford F-250.
State police said none of the passengers in the Lincoln were wearing a seatbelt and they were ejected from the car. They were sent to the hospital with critical injuries. Destiny Borne died as a result of the crash.
The driver of the Ford was wearing a seatbelt and was sent to the hospital with moderate injuries.
The police are investigating the crash.
- LSU bashes their way to a 6-5 win over Oregon State in Baton Rouge Regional
- Holocaust survivors honored in Torah scroll rewriting
- USFL: New Orleans Breakers hold off Michigan for the 24-20 win
- Renowned jazz saxophonist Donald Harrison recovering following heart attack
- Slightly cooler with scattered storms next few days
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.