According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- FNF: John Curtis defeats Archbishop Shaw 33-6 Thursday night
- Juarez sets 15-day overnight lockdown after massive coronavirus spike
- Paranormal W.Va: The Ghost of the Silver Run Tunnel
- Woman charged after trying to ‘teach children a lesson’ by driving car with them on roof in Marion County, officers say
- Competing candidates for Utah Governor unite to promote civility