According to the City of Kannapolis, Sgt. Dot Cole is the oldest living Marine.
She joined the Marine Corps during World War II in 1943.
Sgt. Cole completed her training at Camp Lejeune and was then stationed at Quantico. City officials say she primarily served in an administrative role.
Last month, another North Carolina woman celebrated a monumental birthday. Hester Ford turned 116, making her the oldest living person in the United States.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Is Louisiana getting its fair share of CARES Act funding?
- Man ‘freaked out’ after finding snake in lettuce bought at supermarket
- WATCH: Sparks fly as car completes 360 on I-10, keeps going after hitting wall
- Florida couple accused of starving, locking up 50-pound teen, siblings
- She’s back! Chrissy Teigen returns to Twitter after 3-week hiatus