NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) — The New Orleans Police Department is looking for a man who reportedly held a woman hostage early Sunday morning (March 26th).
Police say shortly before 3:30 a.m., a man asked the victim, a 35-year-old woman, for a ride home to the intersection of Broadway St. and Earhart Blvd. Once they arrived, the suspect reportedly pulled out a gun and demanded the victim keep driving.
As they approached the intersection of Carrollton and Walmsley avenues, the woman jumped out and ran for help. The man also escaped the vehicle and fled the scene.
Although the NOPD has not yet determined the suspect’s identity, police have described him as being a Black male standing about 5’5 with a slim build.
The incident remains under investigation. Anyone with any information is urged to contact the NOPD.
- Surgeon general: ‘Kids can’t afford to wait’ on mental health
- Trump requests new trial in E. Jean Carroll case
- SCOTUS ruling on Alabama’s congressional maps could change voting in Louisiana
- Man wanted for allegedly stealing from vacant Amite home
- LDWF accepting houseboat mooring lease bids on Atchafalaya Delta WMA through June 13
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.