LAFAYETTE, La. (KLFY) — A new fast-growing burger franchise will be opening a location in Lafayette soon.
Smalls Sliders is a Baton Rouge-based burger chain that specializes in cooked-to-order sliders and milkshakes. With eight locations throughout Louisiana, Lafayette is soon to be next.
Smalls Sliders uses recycled shipping containers to house its distinctive locations. The process began in Lafayette on May 4 when a crane placed the shipping container onto the lot at 4611 Ambassador Caffery Parkway. The recycled shipping container, called a “can,” will be added onto and renovated into a restaurant offering patio dining as well as a drive-through option.
The restaurant is owned and operated by Lafayette local Cody Vercher who says that he thinks Small Sliders will provide Acadiana with a standout business culture and dining experience. He also expects that in future years there will be multiple Small Sliders locations in the Acadiana area for residents to enjoy.
The restaurant is expected to open for business this July.
- Rubber Duck Derby returns to New Orleans City Park for 14th year
- Biden says ‘not much time’ to keep aid flowing to Ukraine and Congress must ‘stop the games’
- More than 75,000 workers prep for possibility of largest health care strike in US history
- Sunny start to the week for NOLA
- Tim Wakefield, former Red Sox pitcher, dies at 57