WASHINGTON PARISH, La. (WGNO) — Troopers with the Louisiana State Police are investigating a crash that left a man dead in Washington Parish on Monday, Nov. 13.
LSP officials said troopers responded to a two-vehicle crash on Louisiana 10 near Louisiana 62 in Pine around 11 a.m.
They said an initial investigation shows that 48-year-old Darnelle Leblanc was driving a Chevrolet west on Louisiana 62 while a Toyota was driving east on Louisiana 10.
LSP officials said the Chevrolet crossed the center line and hit the Toyota head-on.
As a result of the crash, 64-year-old Bryan Schneider suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The front-seat passenger of the Toyota suffered minor injuries, and Leblanc suffered moderate injuries. Both were brought to a local hospital for treatment.
LSP officials said the investigation is ongoing, and routine toxicology samples were collected from both drivers.
- FIBA holds draw for final 4 Olympic men’s basketball qualifying events
- Paris mayor says she’s quitting Elon Musk’s ‘global sewer’ platform X as city gears up for Olympics
- California Democrat moves to force vote on expelling Santos after Ethics report
- Biden campaign: Trump’s vendetta against ObamaCare a threat to millions with preexisting conditions
- New taxiway extension opens at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport