TERREBONNE PARISH, La. (WGNO) — The Terrebonne Parish Sheriff’s Office is investigating an alleged bomb scare made at two schools in the parish.
On Wednesday, Oct. 11, officials at both schools posted to social media that threats were made during after-school hours at H. L. Bourgeois High School and Southdown Elementary School. All students attending after-school activities were safely evacuated.
After a search, the sheriff’s office reported no explosive devices were found and the schools have been cleared and deemed safe.
No further details are available at this time. The investigation remains ongoing.
- 5 takeaways on McCarthy’s exit from Congress
- Fear the Wave: Michael Arata talks NIL and facility upgrades in the WGNO Sportszone
- FNF Southern Quality Ford Dealers Scholar-Athlete: Destrehan’s Anthony Robinson
- Opelousas defeats Cecilia, 26-13, for first-ever football state championship
- Jayden Daniels honored as top QB in college football, Payton Wilson named best defender