TERREBONNE PARISH, La. (WGNO) — The Louisiana State Police reports that a man is dead and eight people are injured after a two-vehicle crash in Terrebonne Parish on Sunday, Aug. 27.
LSP officials said troopers responded to a fatal crash on Louisiana Highway 182 west of Louisiana Highway 316 around 7:00 p.m.
They said an initial investigation shows that a Ford E-250 van was driving west on Louisiana Highway 182 at the same time a Chevrolet Express van was driving east.
The Ford then reportedly crossed the center line and hit the Chevrolet head-on.
LSP officials said the driver of the Chevrolet suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene, noting he was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the crash.
They said the driver of the Ford suffered severe injuries and was transported to a hospital. LSP officials said he was also wearing a seatbelt.
They also said several passengers were inside the Chevrolet. They were transported to a hospital with minor to moderate injuries. Their seating positions and whether they were wearing seatbelts is unknown at this time.
A routine toxicology sample was collected from both drivers, and the investigation is ongoing.
- Local pastor speaks out about resigning after church battle over bylaws
- Precautionary boil water advisory issued for a portion of New Orleans Uptown
- I-10 airport flyover expected to open tomorrow
- Warren Easton Eagles soar to big win over John Ehret Thursday night
- Reverse osmosis systems arrive in Plaquemines parish