TANGIPAHOA PARISH, La. (WGNO) — The Louisiana State Police reports that a Hammond man is dead following a crash in Tangipahoa Parish on Saturday, Oct. 28.
LSP officials said troopers responded to a two-vehicle fatal crash on Interstate 12 near Louisiana Highway 445 around 3 a.m.
They said an initial investigation indicates that 25-year-old Jesse Hester was reportedly driving a motorcycle westbound in the eastbound lane of Interstate 12 while a Toyota Camry was driving eastbound.
The motorcycle then reportedly hit the Toyota.
LSP officials said Hester suffered fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene, despite wearing the proper helmet.
The driver of the Toyota was wearing a seatbelt and uninjured.
The investigation is ongoing, and routine toxicology samples were collected from both drivers.
- Driver, passenger dead after single-vehicle crash in Harvey
- New Orleans’ The Roosevelt Hotel named Best Hotel for the Holidays
- Vehicle registration now available on Louisiana digital license
- Billionaire GOP donor endorses Haley, says Trump’s time has ‘come and gone’
- 3 seriously hurt after driver plows into Christmas parade crowd in California