HAMMOND, La. (WGNO) — Southeastern University is celebrating after being declared a Purple Heart School by the Military Order of the Purple Heart on Friday, Nov. 10.
According to Southeastern officials, the university will be the first four-year university in the state to receive this honor.
Officials said the honor acknowledges the service and sacrifice of the nation’s men and women in uniform who have been wounded or killed by the enemy while serving to protect the nation’s freedoms.
“Veterans have paid the high price of freedom by leaving their families and communities behind and placing themselves in harm’s way for the good of all. The contributions and sacrifices of the men and women who served in the Armed Forces have been vital in maintaining the freedoms and way of life enjoyed by our citizens,” said Southeastern President William S. Wainwright.
- Video: Wings clipped, Easton parents react to season halted
- FNF Archbishop Hannan Ball Hawk of the Week: St. Charles Catholic’s Brayden Bertucci
- FNF Southern Quality Ford Dealers Scholar-Athlete: John Curtis’s Bryce Godfrey
- How to keep your pet safe during the holidays
- FNF: 4th quarter surge helps Calvary Baptist defeat St. Charles Catholic for the Division III Select title