Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
HAMMOND, La. (WGNO) — Louisiana State Police are investigating a hit-and-run on a Tangipahoa Parish highway that sent a pedestrian to the hospital critically injured.
On Monday morning (April 17) just after 5 a.m., troopers responded to the scene of an accident on LA Hwy 3234 near Puma Drive where investigations revealed a pedestrian was walking eastbound on the highway, the same direction as an undescribed vehicle.
Troopers say for unknown reasons the vehicle struck the pedestrian, briefly stopped but then left the scene leaving the victim with critical injuries. Through evidence found at the location, troopers believe the subject’s vehicle is a dark hunter green 2003-2006 Chevrolet Silverado with damage to the front end.
Louisiana State Police is asking anyone with information on the crash or the suspect involved to contact Louisiana State Police Troop L at (985) 893-6250, or their local law enforcement agency.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Monroe man allegedly attempts to rape victim in motel room; arrested
- Woman accused of hiring hitman to kill wife of man she met on Match.com
- What’s the most affordable way to travel in 2023?
- Supreme Court will hear ‘Trump too small’ trademark dispute
- Americans are waiting longer and longer to get married
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.