TICKFAW, La. (WGNO) — MKS Plastics is expanding its facility in Tangipahoa Parish.
The $14 million expansion will create more than 100 jobs and is set to double the size of the production facility.
The upgrades will not only bring jobs to the community but will also allow MKS Plastics to expand its manufacturing line by incorporating 14 new injection molding machines, pumps, chillers, air compressors and air dryers required to operate each new machine.
The project will also include a rail spur to the facility, which the plant will use to directly receive raw materials used in the production process.
“We are always excited about our existing companies expanding in Tangipahoa, and the fact that MKS Plastics is a homegrown company makes it even better,” Tangipahoa Parish President Robby Miller said. “The expansion of another advanced manufacturer in Tangipahoa demonstrates our ability to provide a quality workforce within this industry.”
The factory upgrades are expected to be completed by the end of 2024.
- A classic scene from ‘Elf’ was almost scrapped at the request of Macy’s, according to the director
- Real or artificial? How to choose the most sustainable Christmas tree, no matter what it’s made of
- 5 takeaways on McCarthy’s exit from Congress
- Fear the Wave: Michael Arata talks NIL and facility upgrades in the WGNO Sportszone
- FNF Southern Quality Ford Dealers Scholar-Athlete: Destrehan’s Anthony Robinson