ST. TAMMANY PARISH, La. (WGNO) — The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office has sworn in a new furry member of the force.
Sheriff Randy Smith swore in Reserved K-9 Deputy Luna Belle as the department’s first-ever therapy dog.
The 3-year-old pup recently visited residents at Starc of Louisiana where she accomplished her first task of putting a smile on everyone’s face.
Her handler, Reserve Deputy C.W. Lemoine, says she is “the goodest girl.”
“She brings comfort to those who need it most,” said Lemoine.
- Why Apple is urging ‘all users’ to update their iOS
- ‘Grandma’s trying to get me arrested’: Man says he was stopped by TSA over ‘surprise’ in briefcase
- The grocery prices in ‘Home Alone’ are freaking people out on TikTok: ‘Insane’
- Gabby Petito lawsuit: Brian Laundrie’s parents finally admit what their son told them, attorney says
- Supreme Court appears divided over Purdue Pharma bankruptcy deal