ST. TAMMANY PARISH, La. (WGNO) — Detectives with the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office are investigating an inmate death that happened Monday night as a result of an apparent medical-related incident.
Around 12 a.m. on Sept. 25, detectives said 48-year-old Cathy Lange-Sanchez suffered a medical seizure while in a female holding cell at the St. Tammany Parish Correctional Center.
Jail personnel intervened and administered life-saving measures before being taken to a local hospital where she later died.
Lange-Sanchez’s body is now in the custody of the St. Tammany Parish Coroner’s Office.
Lange-Sanchez was booked into the correctional center following a Sept. 24 arrest by Louisiana State Police for allegedly driving while intoxicated along with other traffic violations.
- Florida school district adding 4-day weekends to combat chronic absences
- Toys for Tots in New Orleans requesting toy donations amid inflation, increased need
- Shohei Ohtani signing with Los Angeles Dodgers
- Holiday shopping survey reveals stressful trend among US consumers
- 10 best and worst cities for singles, study finds