Disclaimer: All persons are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Update: The vehicle involved in the hit and run incident has been located.
The whereabouts of the driver still remains unknown. The investigation is on-going.
SLIDELL, La. (WGNO) — The Slidell Police Department has asked for the public’s help locating the driver responsible for a hit-and-run incident involving a pedestrian.
On Thursday (Mar. 23) officers responded to the corner of Robert Blvd. and Audubon Dr. at about 8:20 p.m. to a call of a woman being hit by a vehicle. Police say the woman was walking on the sidewalk in the area when a speeding car cut through the parking lot, hitting her, and drove off.
The woman suffered serious injuries to her head and leg and was transported to the hospital.
Slidell Police are searching for an older model white Toyota sedan, possibly a Carolla or Camry, with all-black wheels and damage to the passenger side headlight, turn signal, side mirror, and front end.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Slidell Police Department at 985-646-6181, PIO@slidellpd.com, or Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111. You can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward.
- Bill Cassidy announces grant application to improve I-20 train service from Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
- Robert Hanssen, FBI agent convicted of spying, dies in Colorado supermax prison
- Girlfriend hit boyfriend with car, arrested in Alabama
- NOPD makes arrest in March Seventh Ward homicide
- FBI warns public of manipulated photos and videos turned into explicit content
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.