SLIDELL, La. (WGNO) — A Slidell man was killed, and another was injured in a two-car crash on an Interstate 10 off-ramp on Friday, Sept. 1.
Louisiana State Police troopers said they responded to the crash around 2:30 a.m. on the I-10 off-ramp to Oak Harbor Boulevard.
They said 32-year-old Steven Simmons Jr. was driving a 2021 Nissan Altima eastbound on the off-ramp when he came to a complete stop in the right lane. A 2002 Ford Ranger that was also traveling eastbound on the off-ramp crashed into the back of the Nissan.
Simmons was restrained but suffered fatal injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Troopers said the driver of the Ford was also restrained and suffered moderate injuries. He was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
According to LSP, toxicology samples were taken from both drivers. The investigation is ongoing.
- Tiny homes suitable for living on the water built in Bay County
- Ouachita Parish student presented with the Sheriff’s Valor Award after alarming officials of a potential school threat
- 21-year-old Georgia man charged in deadly shooting at Sandestin Resort, multiple victims
- Who’s running for a seat on BESE? Vote for who you want to lead school board for Louisiana
- No rain chance this weekend