ST. TAMMANY PARISH (WGNO)—The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office has arrested one of their own after learning the former corrections deputy reportedly brought contraband into the jail facility.
Jail investigators reportedly informed STPSO of the incidents a week prior to the arrest, that 19-year-old jail employee Olivia Boswell had brought illegal drugs into the St. Tammany Parish Correctional Center.
As a result of the information, Boswell was fired, arrested and booked into the St. Tammany Parish Correctional Center on charges of:
- Introduction of Contraband into a Penal Institution
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Schedule III CDS
St. Tammany Deputies report Boswell has been employed with the Sheriff’s Office since Aug. 23, 2022. Sheriff Randy Smith released a statement regarding the incident and investigation:
“This individual abused her position as an employee in the correctional center and used that position as a means to bring contraband into the facility. We will not tolerate anyone brining illegal drugs into our facility. If you are caught doing so, regardless of who you are, you will be arrested. I hold all of our employees to a higher standard, and if they break the law they will be arrested.”St. Tammany Parish Sheriff Randy Smith
- Abused child’s death prompts Louisiana lawmakers to pass “Ezekiel’s Law”
- Deputies: Archibald man dies after falling into a pond while doing yardwork
- Krewe of Endymion names new captain after death of Ed Muniz
- Florida father dies after saving son, friends from rip current at beach
- Clarence Thomas asks for extension on financial disclosure after ethics controversy
Stay updated with the latest news, weather, and sports by downloading the WGNO app on the Apple or Google Play store and subscribing to the WGNO newsletter.