COVINGTON, La. (WGNO) — Troopers with the Louisiana State Police are investigating a crash that left a 54-year-old man dead in St. Tammany Parish on Saturday, Oct. 28.
Reports state the crash happened near Gotti Road around 5 a.m.
Troopers say Lonnie Sanchez, of Covington, was traveling on LA Hwy 25 when he hit a freightliner.
Sanchez was brought to a hospital where he later died.
There were no other reported injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Jewish groups sue University of California over ‘unchecked’ antisemitism
- Tracking the Tropics: Looking back at the 2023 Atlantic hurricane season
- Electricity bill scam reported in Tangipahoa Parish
- Speaker Johnson tells Republicans to ‘vote their conscience’ on Santos expulsion
- Tribute service held to honor Rosalynn Carter